Monday, April 18, 2011

Kaylie Shot Two Toms!


This was the sunset the day before we hunted. We could see turkeys roost near theses trees.




The next day we sat here and Kaylie shot her tom at 14 yards with her 20 gauge. There were two toms strutting at our decoys.








I carried all the gear and she carried her tom to our truck.








That afternoon we were at Dworshak Dam on the North Fork Clearwater. I was standing right here to fight this fish.




We hunted two more days and Kaylie shot her second tom.








With camo on and she fell asleep two hours you can see where she got sunburned. We were waiting for turkeys and I fell alseep as well.






We stayed at a home of two great friends, Halli and RJ. Kaylie was tagged out for turkeys so we fished two days with RJ.




Kaylie sat next to me. When the toms were gobbling and coming towards our decoys I tapped her with my shoulder as she was sound sleep. She saw the turkeys and watched me call them in and pull the trigger.


















She carried the tom to the truck.




I carried all the gear.










We hunted and fished for a week. Kaylie did a great jog! Getting up at 4am wears us out. She carried two of her toms and my tom. She did a great job carrying 20 pound toms a mile for each walk back to the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment